Baby talks  

Posted by: Ms. W in , ,


Kakak is going to be three next month. I remember when she was just a little baby (around 2 months or so) she was already a “loud” baby. Making a lot of noise and I just loved to hear her cooing! I know she’s definitely going to be a talker. Even more when once we went to this supermarket a Chinese woman told me by the look of Kakak’s lips she’ll definitely have many things to say =)

However, kakak is still not really talking well. It would sound some sort like this;

Kakak: Wan ne?
Ibu: Wan kat kampung.
Kakak: Kakak nak* gi apung / kapung.
Ibu: Ok, nanti kite balik kampung k.
Kakak: Ok...
*you can’t actually hear the consonant there and this is the most understandable conversation I can have with her.

Furthermore, she sometimes purposely talks like she’s not a big girl yet. Buat-buat manja. And then she’ll throw a tantrum when we cannot understand her *sigh*

And don’t get me started on Adik. He’s already 1 year 8 months old and all he can say is Ayah. In fact he calls each and every one of us Ayah. If I ask him, “Kakak mane?” he’ll go, “Ayah…” And once when I was away for two nights he went to my closet, held one of my baju kurung and called, “Ayah…” LOL

I can’t even remember Adik’s cooing.

Anyway, Kakak and Adik can understand instructions and use gestures well. I had read this one article in NST that said young children who can use gestures well will easily acquire a variety of vocabularies as opposed to those who don't. So there’s nothing to worry about I guess =)

PS: Wan is their maternal grandmother.

This entry was posted on Saturday, June 20, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

babe, i dunno why u call yourself 'unfabulous mum' cos you'll always be fabulous to your kids! Ya, i worry about the talking too.. i'm worried that my kid will talk too much (and annoy me). So hopefully she talks intelligently instead of talking for attention.

babe, they'll always talk for attention hehe.

Post a Comment

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Third Birthday tickers