My unsociable boy...  

Posted by: Ms. W in , ,

When I was pregnant with Kakak, I always imagine her as a friendly and smiling baby. I was told that we should always imagine good things when we are pregnant so the baby would come out “perfect”. Kakak was really a friendly smiling baby. She was an easygoing baby. Not afraid of strangers at all (well, except male strangers). It got to a point that I worry someone would easily take her away from me.


My absolute favourite picture of Kakak smiling. She's around 5 to 6 months in this pic.


Adik, on the other hand is my unsociable baby. He’s only comfortable with his ibu, ayah and our maid. He does get along with relatives after spending some time with them but he really dislikes strangers.

Last week, we went to a kenduri cukur jambul at a neighbour’s house and as we reached the front gate of the house he stoically turned back and walked home! Ok, he managed to take only a few steps but I totally knew where he was heading. I scooped him up and gave him to Mr. A. Still he managed to walk home. This time with his Ayah following. (They went home just for a while and Mr. A had to let Adik ride pillion on his motorcycle to make Adik go to the kenduri).

At the kenduri, Adik played all by himself. He only sat next to me and no one else. He walked around our neighbour’s house as if no one was there. He seemed couldn’t care less.

I must admit I didn’t imagine Adik as “anything” when I was pregnant with him. I was too busy teaching and reprimanding students back then. Is it my fault or is it because he spends all his life cooped up in his own home? Hmm…



PS: Kakak went to a babysitter’s from the age of 2 months and until she was 1 year 3 months old.

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 25, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

x tau cmne bleh font size gi the smallest. lepas publish x cek plek tuhhh. seb baik ko tegur. thanx.

Each child has a different personality....itu yang menarik tu. Tapi yang tak tahan pun ada. Macam aku si Qayyim ni 'susah' sikit nak disiplin kan. 'Keras' sket. Tak makan saman....aku rasa sebab maid ikut cakap dia jer all the time. Nak buat camno??..hehhehe

aisyah mmg comel!!! so cheeky :)

that's why la it's my favorite picture! heheh.

Post a Comment

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Third Birthday tickers