Ugly Betty makes me happy =)  

Posted by: Ms. W in


I love Ugly Betty. The show always makes me laugh. I watched Yo Soy Betty La Fea as an undergrad student. Although it was not one of my favourite shows, I tried not to miss it. With what I call a “Desperado Disease” back then, I love stories with an ugly heroine. I feel there’s a touch of reality somewhat even if the story is not.


Remember them?


One of the things that I enjoy in watching ugly Betty is the friendship that had developed between Betty, Amanda and Marc. Amanda and Marc care about Betty in their own mean way. Anyway, I think these two OTT characters exude the humour that I love in the show.


Amanda and Marc trying to teach Betty how to get Matt to make love to her. This was from the episode shown this week on 8TV.


One thing that I dislike is Betty’s good luck in dating. I mean she’s supposed to be ugly right? Somehow last season two men fought for her. Henry and that sandwich guy (what’s his name?). And this season Betty gets a billionaire boyfriend(!), Matt. Sheesh! But come to think of it, I know the show is trying its best to portray that confident, intelligent but plain-looking women can also play the dating game =)


Matt the billionaire.


This entry was posted on Thursday, June 18, 2009 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Third Birthday tickers