Blessings and more blessings  

Posted by: Ms. W in , , , , ,

June 1, 2009

Got on the plane at 11.30 a.m. We flew business class. Working with the government in Sabah (or Sarawak) means your family gets to fly home for free at least once a year. This time around Mr. A applied for the free flight so our ticket would fly us to Alor Setar as the free flight will send you to the state you were born in. (Mr. A was born in Kulim, Kedah). We cancel the flight from KLIA to Kedah thus we somewhat get a free upgrade to business class (blessing no. 1).

Anyway, we had our tickets reissued since I wanted to have my endometrial biopsy ASAP. On the phone with one of MAS hotline officer, I was told that we need to pay RM30 for each reissued ticket. (Fine, here’s RM120). But when we went to collect our tickets before the flight the officer in charge at KK’s MAS ticketing counter looked puzzled when I wanted to hand him the money and told me to just go check-in. RM120 saved! (Blessing no. 2).

Golden Lounge in KKIA was small but we got to eat for free and drink café latte all we wanted. Truly comfortable and quiet it got embarrassing when you have these two little brats. So we ended lepaking in the Golden Lounge surau until it was time to board the plane LOL.

As usual, Adik would cry his head off before take-off. Actually it was his nap time. Strangely he wanted to sit on my lap (instead of his father’s like he always did) and he dozed off as soon as he got comfy (we weren’t even flying yet). Kakak was on her best behavior. Playing by herself and eating well. (Blessing no. 3).






Arriving and after collecting our bags at the designated carousel we were surprised with “door gifts” handed out by MAS reps. Each of us got one even Adik! (Blessing no. 4).



June 2, 2009

I had my endometrial biopsy today. Ugh hated that I had to spread my legs in front of strangers (or anybody else for that matter; except for Mr. A I guess haha). The gynecologist was witty thank God. I got myself scanned from the inside. Even without the biopsy result she could tell me that I was fine. There were no visible image of any malignant or polyp. I was so relieved and happy. Didn’t mind the RM640 that we had to fork out.

After the visit to the hospital, I went textile-shopping with a good friend of mine Am. She’s an expert on textile-shopping. She’s my unofficial consultant! Got all the kain baju raya my family and I needed. Thanx Am! You’re the best (in pilih kain la haha).

PS: The result of the biopsy will be mailed.


June 3, 2009

Went to visit our new house with our back door neighbour. She had asked us to share the cost of a new stretch of (brick) fence (we share) and we agreed. Pleasant lady from Penang she was. Talkative but not nosy.


No. 10


Our street.


Our beautiful neighbourhood.

After that we went shopping in Mid Valley.

June 4, 2009

Morning – Went to visit a maternal cousin of mine who just gave birth to a baby boy (o God can’t remember the baby’s name!). She looks so healthy. And lucky she breastfeeding didn’t hurt! Felt a little bit down remembering my painful experience *sigh*.

Evening – Went to Kiah’s house to collect Kakak 3rd birthday present. Kiah bought it at a Mattel warehouse sale. I accidentally knock down a glass full of water and Kakak had an “accident”. Great. Anyway, I like talking to Kiah. She’s my buddy in the not-so-perfect-mum department haha. No inferiority whatever when with her. Noted.



June 5, 2009

Went shopping in Subang Parade in the morning. Saw a lot of rich people there. Subang Parade has become somewhat exclusive. Thank God that Uncle Lim’s had that JAKIM halal sticker. Was getting really envious when Fidah blogs about eating there. I so miss the Teh C Special! Yum!

After that, we went visit my good-in-keeping-dark-secret friend Shah and her baby girl, Aleeya Zulaikha. Barely a month, I can see that she has her mother’s big eyes.

We had a special dinner that night. Everyone was there (Ayah, Mak, Abang, Ezal and Dilah). Adik seemed to be fond with his Ayahlong. So sweet.

PS: Forgot to take a picture of Ika.


June 6, 2009

Started our trip to Kelantan 8.30 a.m. We arrived in Kota Bharu 11 hours 30 minutes later (stopped in Kemaman a few times for lunch and keropok lekor) and was told that there was no room at the hotel (Renaissance) even though we had made reservation nearly a month earlier!

But the good news was we were given free buffet dinner that night. Two nights (out of three planned) free stay (first night at another hotel). And we were upgraded to the Club Level without any extra charge (for the one-night rate we gladly had to pay)! Club Level means you get access to a lounge with free food and free drinks almost 24 hours. How lucky we were! We saved nearly RM530! (Blessing no. 5).



Warung Aziz Satar was where we ate lunch.


The big yellow plastic plates!

PS: Went to KB for a wedding and of course we did some shopping! For the first time ever I blew RM145 for a tudung bawal akhbar with a really beautiful sulam and Swarovski crystals. I usually buy the RM25 – RM35 range of tudung bawal. I fell in love with the tudung the first time I saw it.




June 7, 2009

Mr. A's 37th birthday. Happy Birthday Sayang!



June 9, 2009

At the in-laws in Perak for three nights.


June 12, 2009

On the way back to Shah Alam, we stopped at Tronoh to visit Ezal (my younger brother who’s taking a postgraduate course in UTP). Went sightseeing on his campus ground. Damn UTP is beautiful. Note: Must send my kids there. By the way, being there reminded me of those sweet rebellious gatal time LOL.


In front of the library.

June 13, 2009

Last day in holiday-heaven (a.k.a. weight-loss-hell).

PS: Got the biopsy result. No presence of anything not-right shall I say. Alhamdulillah...

June 14, 2009

We flew home. It’s true you know when people say home is where the heart is =)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Third Birthday tickers