Review: Safety Plus feeding bottle  

Posted by: Ms. W in

I’ve been planning to write this review for quite some time now. Please know that this review is just an honest opinion of mine. I'm not a pro.

We know how harmless BPA can be if we “consume” it on a daily basis and issues on materials containing BPA in feeding bottles have been raised in these past two years. After some research on the net I’ve decided to change from Avent to Safety Plus.

Why did I want to abandon Avent? Avent products contain BPA. It has come up with BPA-free products but they are only marketed overseas. Malaysia is one of the countries that they treat as a dumping ground for those non-BPA-free baby products. However, Avent BPA-free products are available at most local online baby stores but at very expensive prices.

Safety Plus is a brand by a local company – Brand Melody Sdn. Bhd. For this particular brand R&D is done in Australia (by a partner company) and manufacturing is done in Taiwan. The feeding bottles from Safety Plus are similar to a US product, thinkbaby, one of the top choices in US for plastic baby products.

I chose to use Safety Plus because I fell in love with the design. I think the design looks elegant and neat. And the brand is easily available in KK. There is an exclusive reseller here that has all its range.





The first thing that I notice about the bottle is the silicone teat. As you can see below the teat is different from any other teats in the market. It has a valve that’s hanging down from the teat. The teat is the cross cut type and has an anti-collapse feature… which I’m sorry to say doesn’t work.





I’ve never experience any teat-collapsing when I was using Avent. The teat kept collapsing while Kakak and Adik were nursing from the bottles. However, the problem has been solved because the company has come up with a new range of teats.

And then at first I was so in love with the cross cut feature of the teat. Even if the bottle is lying horizontally the milk will not drip out. But the feature wears off rather easily. I don’t know whether it’s because the teat is “naturally soft” but the teats get torn at its opening easily. I have to change the teats every month and it cost RM16.90 a pair.

I have no other problem with using Safety Plus but I really hope they once again improve their teats.

The feeding bottles are easy to take care of. I wash it with a non-anti-bacterial dishwashing liquid. Please take note that a BPA-free product cannot be washed with an anti-bacterial dishwashing liquid – it damages the material.

The feeding bottles from Safety Plus can be used up to a year and a half if you use two alternating bottles. Please avoid scratching the inside of the bottles to ensure that the bottles are always safe for use.

I don’t recommend this brand to feed infants. I think it is more suitable for toddlers.


Will I use this brand for long? The answer is no. I hate to change teats too often and I would like to opt for a cheaper product. For now I’m thinking of MAM.



Note: We had started using Safety Plus in May 2009. We bought two 300ml / 10oz twin packs. The twin pack costs RM77.90 per pack.

This entry was posted on Sunday, July 26, 2009 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Hi.. i've used MAM bottles for my son for quite sometimes and it works amazingly.. the teats are good, it won't spill and am very satisfied with it.. better change to it and see the difference.. have recommended this brand to few of my friends and they are happy with it too.. juz sharing my experience.. we juz want the best for our child rite?? have a try!!

unfortunately i have to wait for the safety plus bottles to be buruk first then only i can change. so it should be awhile. anyway, thanks for dropping by.

Hi Ms W,

I am Joseph brand manager for Safety Plus. First and foremost I would like to thank you for using our product.

I would like to guide you through with some tips that can help to prolong the shell life of the teats. At the same I will also guide you on the correct usage of teats level to suits your baby suction strength.

Just for your info we are launching new upgraded version of our existing PES bottle range and also another 2 types of BPA FREE bottles to suit different needs or budget.

Do write to me at bounty@streamyx.com or call at 013 3688 298. Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Joseph

Post a Comment

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Third Birthday tickers