What a compliment =)  

Posted by: Ms. W in , ,

I don’t know whether I am a well-liked teacher or not. I am the kind of teacher whom makes sure there is an invisible gap between me and my students. I can be nice but I don’t want to be too nice. I don’t want my students to be clingy to me. I think kids love attention and I don’t like to give attention unnecessarily.

However, I do want students to think that I am a good teacher; a dedicated, dependable (to an extent), and caring teacher. I want them to be inspired by the things that I teach them; to be able to use English language as a tool to succeed and to have a high self esteem.

Other than teaching English, I also teach Pendidikan Moral to a class of first formers. I really enjoy teaching this set of students. Being budak kampung and still very young, they are eager to learn. They participate well in class even though sometimes they can be quiet mischievous! ( Today I caught one of the girls writing a love letter while I was teaching and she slammed the door on her way out).

Yesterday I was told by my Penolong Kanan Pentadbiran that starting next week I do not have to teach Pendidikan Moral anymore. So today I made the class worked hard. We covered two units (chapters) in two periods (which is a lot okay). I wanted to finish up the Bidang Pembelajaran 4 so the new teacher can simply start at Bidang Pembelajaran 5.

They wondered why I was in such a rush. Even though at first I didn’t want to tell them about them getting a new Pendidikan Moral teacher, I had to. Of course there were moaning and groaning and whining (don’t know whether they were being sincere or not). They told me they didn’t want a new teacher. When I asked them why, one of the girls answered (while giggling),

“Teacher lucu”

I couldn’t help feeling touched and proud *big smile*

This entry was posted on Thursday, July 09, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

kudos to you ms.w...that shows that you manage to reach out to them, which i think some teachers lack that quality. so be proud and keep guiding the kids....

alah mama rock.. it's nothing lah haha. thank you and thank you for dropping by =)

That shows we need more teacher like you...

Post a Comment

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Third Birthday tickers