Back on tranaxemic acid.  

Posted by: Ms. W in

Since my first episode of menorrhagia, I had two menstrual cycles. The first one started after 50 days and the second one 20 days after that. I’m currently on the second cycle and haven’t stopped bleeding for a total of 13 days now.

I already know that my hormones are imbalance. I have the case of estrogen dominance or at least my estrogen level is higher than what it should be. I am worried to some extent and I know that I have to change my lifestyle in order to be healthier.

I think the onset of my hormonal imbalance begins when I stopped taking Mercilon. What Mercilon does is it increases your estrogen level in order to prevent the monthly release of an egg from the ovaries. Of course one cannot get pregnant when there’s no egg in the first place.

My problem is my estrogen level hasn’t gone back to normal yet. This is because I am also obese and always stressed out about my job. Being obese and stressed out don’t help especially if you are hormonal imbalance.

By the way, our estrogen level goes up in the first part of our menstrual cycle and our progesterone level goes up in the second part.


I also think that I am currently infertile and I kind of understand now when people say that fat people can’t get pregnant. It’s because of the high estrogen level. This includes you men. However, I personally believe that maybe obese people can’t get pregnant. Not overweight people.

As a result of all this, I know that I have to:
1) Lose weight (up to 14 kg just to get to being overweight. Yes, I know it’s crazy)
2) Exercise more.
3) Stop stressing out about my job (so help me)

As an adult, a wife and a mum, I know that losing weight is not about fitting into a size or two sizes smaller. It’s about health. Nevertheless, a slimmer body is definitely a bonus. Who can disagree with that?

The WHO’s Asia’s BMI goes like this:
Less than 18.5 – Underweight
18.5 – 23 – Normal
23 – 27.5 – Overweight
More than 27.5 – Obese

I’m at 32.4. Where are you at?

PS: Hormonal imbalance is also a cause of obesity. What a vicious cycle!

PSS: My doctor prescribed me 3-days worth of tranaxemic acid in order to stop the bleeding. A woman shouldn't lose more than 80 milliliters of blood during a menstrual period as it can cause medical problems and lifestyle issues.

This entry was posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

ish ish ish .. complicated tul la masalah kau ni.. get well soon :)

yes, i need to get well soon! thank you!

Post a Comment

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Third Birthday tickers