Do it with love.  

Posted by: Ms. W in , ,

The other day my FB status read: (My full name) is going to cook mee udang for today and she's going to cook it with THE special ingredient. Whenever she cooks with this special ingredient she always know that even without tasting the food it's going to be good. And no, it's not ajinomoto ;p

However corny it may sound, I must admit that the special ingredient is L.O.V.E. I once read a story in one of the Chicken Soups for the Soul books about a mother's secret ingredient stored away in a jar and kept away from all her children's reach. When this woman passed away, a daughter of hers finally had a peek in the jar. In the jar was a note, worn and looked like it had been passed down from one generation to another. The note said that everytime one cooks, one should cook with all his/her love. Only then the food taste good.

I truly believe in that story.

And I also believe in the theory of how positive energy and thoughts impact water and its molecular structure.

As a wife, I know that I'm definitely not a "trophy". But I want Mr. A to be proud to have a wife who can cook good food for him. One of the best things that he said to me was that even though he loves his mother home-cooked food, he eats mine with more selera (appetite). I was so happy to hear that. He loves my ketam masak lemak cili api, asam pedas ayam, ayam masak cili api (fried chicken with thick gravy based with oyster sauce and cili api) and sambal petai udang. On some weekends I would cook nasi lemak (i have yet to master this), nasi ayam, spaghetti, mee kari, mee rebus, mee bandung, mihun sup or (the latest) mee udang. Mr. A also has been pestering me to cook laksa and make traditional kueh which I don't think will happen so soon because they are too tedious for me.

As a mum, my only wish is that my children would say their favourite food is my home-cooked food!

I had to include some of my food pictures (taken by my beloved Mr. A) in this post. I have no intention of boasting. Err maybe just a need of some ego boost haha.



The ketam masak lemak cili api.

Ikan tiga rasa.

Ikan stim.

Nasi ayam.



Udang galah goreng kunyit.

Last weekend's mee udang.

PS: I'm a foodie married to another foodie =)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

aku pun harap dpt kawin dgn org yg appreciate makanan.. walau aku tak pandai masak.. harap dia nak layan aku makan..

bestnyer tgk semua makanan itewww!!! terus rasa nak makan macam2..
how i wish i can cook like that :( ohhh... boleh2 .. ape kata kau buat step by step on how to cook tu lagi.. pleaseeeeeeeeeee

This comment has been removed by the author.

Bravo!

Semuanya menyelerakan...ni kalau hang mai duduk shah alam balik mau aku pi bawak pinggan kosong. Tak malu!..hihihih. Takper in xchange aku ajar ko deco cake eh. Hehhehe

Air tangan ibu/isteri tu mmg berkesan. Insyaallah...anak2 gi memana pun ingat ke mak nyer...gituler juga MR A awak...hihihi

fidah: yes, make sure u marry a foodie if not stress jeh n dont tell me ko x pandai masak. the talent is embedded in ur DNA beb!

akma: alah siannyer org pregnant ni. tp xpe sblum bulan pose ni gi lah makan pe saje puas2 k. n mak x larat lah nk buat step-by-step tu lg nyahhh haha. idea for a new blog maybe?

kiah: harus la aku blaja buat kek ng ko! memang dok berangan nak buat kek sendiri for all my kids' birthdays!! n nanti aku dah pindah sh alm 2 tu ko dtg lah visit. nanti aku masakkan mee udang tu k. hehe sian org dlm pantang nih.

Post a Comment

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Third Birthday tickers