In conjunction with our 4th anniversary.  

Posted by: Ms. W in ,

This entry is inspired by Zek Zek’s entry, Just Married. I waited months for this haha.

Tomorrow’s our 4th anniversary. Four years and two kids. How time flies. Mr. A is my first love and he will forever be =)

We met in 2004. Both of us were taking Kursus Perguruan Lepasan Ijazah (KPLI) in Institut Perguruan Temenggong Ibrahim. We met because we played active parts in the Jawatankuasa Perwakilan Pelajar of the institute. We were also in the same class for the subject Ilmu Pendidikan so we always saw each other.

Earlier in the year I saw him as a big brother. He’s nine years older so that sense of respect was automatic. Furthermore, he was always looking out for me because I was the youngest of them all. Big brother and kid sister – nothing more.

However, around April I could sense that there was a different kind of chemistry between us. On the other hand, we only went out two months later. We became an item towards the end of July of the same year.

I brought him home to meet my parents the next month. My mum prepared OTT lunch; with fried pomphret perfectly laid on a bed of lettuce. I remember the first my mum said to me about him, “Hidung dia mancung”.

My dad was the champ. He purposely slurped the gravy from his plate! Picking it up and slurping with no shame. Haih.

I met his parents a few days after that. I went to meet them wearing a slim-fit blouse and tight jeans. My grandma gave me a good scolding for that. But I guess what mattered most was that I was being myself. Not some girl clad in some baju kurung.

We got engaged in November. Everything came fast for us. Maybe it was meant to be. I hate to think about my engagement day. My kebaya was too tight and my makeup was hideous!

Alhamdulillah, we were solemnized on the August 20th, 2005. At that time I was teaching in Melaka and he’s in Sabah. We lived as long-distance husband-and-wife for a year. I moved to Sabah a few days after our 1st anniversary. Kakak was about two months old then.

Living together for the first time proved to be such a challenge. It was too overwhelming to me especially. It was my first time as a “full-time” wife and I was a new mum. In addition to that, it was a whole new teaching experience for me because before moving to Sabah I taught in a matriculation college.

Living in a kampong also got to me. The house where I grew up in is situated next to a busy road. The quietness here almost killed me. But I’m used to it now =)

Marriage is bliss but it’s not a walk in the park. I thank God for a husband who is patient, helpful and a good father to my kids. I am also thankful to be married to someone who loves food as much as I do. I especially love it when he marvels (even) at the smell of my cooking.

We are different as much as we are alike. It is not easy to complement each other but we do give it our best. We pray that the state of happiness is where we will always be. InsyaAllah...

Here are some of the pictures of our wedding.

Some of the hantaran.


My wedding bed.

Khatam Quran the morning before solemnization.

The solemnization.

Both of us were so thin compared to how we are now =D

I love this picture so much!

The specially-ordered bunga manggar by Along and Fidah.

My bridesmaid, Fidah, and my orang kuat, Am.

With Akma, my BFF and her sis.

Ain - so pretty. Kalah pengantin!

My favourite wedding picture.

Cheekiness =)

A picture taken during our honeymoon in Pangkor. I love how it shows how alike our facial features are.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

Happy Anniversary korang!! semuga berbahagia selamanya.. amin :)

happy anniversary jugak..
dem aku menci gambar aku.. haha

Insipered by me..tak tahan ayat tu.

Happy Anniversary Wani....=)

Post a Comment

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Third Birthday tickers